||If a great brand is one of a company's most valuable assets, great nomenclature is a critical component to a brand's success. As you will see from our portfolio, we have been involved with a number of projects requiring evocative, appropriate nomenclature development. BWP has developed a particular expertise and sensitivity to the oral rhythm, visual attributes and various meanings of linguistic architecture as it pertains to branding and communications.
BWP explores the following questions when developing successful brand nomenclature:
- Persona. Does it convey the essence and persona of the brand?
- Staying power. Is it unique and memorable?
- Appropriateness. How does it resonate with your preferred audience?
- Originality. How does it differentiate with its competitor's nomenclature?
- Usability. Does it lend itself well to marketing and promotional opportunities?
- Availability. Is it available legally? How about perceptually?
- Growth. Does it serve well as parent nomenclature to allow sub-brands to grow underneath or along side it?
- Potential issues. What are the possible misperceptions, misconceptions and negative associations?